About the program
Strength to Strength is a circuit-based exercise program led by a physiotherapist. The classes are tailored for clients with chronic musculoskeletal conditions such as osteoporosis, chronic heart disease, and chronic pain conditions.
To be eligible
Clients aged over 18 with a confirmed diagnosis of one of the following:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Low back pain
- Chronic pain condition such as fibromyalgia
- Chronic heart disease
What you can expect
- Eligible clients will have a one-on-one initial assessment with a physiotherapist
- The physiotherapist will record baseline measures and design an exercise program for the individual
- Clients accepted into the program must agree to attend at least one exercise session per week, on an ongoing basis
The sessions are small groups of up to 5 participants and last for 1 hour. The sessions include:
- A warm up
- Cardio training
- Strength training
- Balance and proprioception training
- Stretch and relaxation
How to access the program
Access to the program is through a GP referral or self-referral. Referral forms can be downloaded in PDF or Best Practice format here: Referral Forms
What it costs
In order to access the initial assessment free-of-charge, GPs need to refer the client as a Medicare funded client. Clients who self-refer will need to pay an initial fee of $65.00 (clients with private health cover may be eligible for a rebate).
Strength to Strength group sessions are $15 per session which is payable on the day (clients with private health care may be eligible for a rebate).
Phone: (08) 9201 0044 (option 1 and 3).
Fax: (08) 9201 0033
The Healthy Lifestyle Program is provided by Black Swan Health in partnership with the State Government through the Department of Health WA.