Strength to Strength
About the program
Strength to Strength is a circuit-based exercise program led by a physiotherapist. The classes are tailored for clients with chronic musculoskeletal conditions such as osteoporosis, chronic heart disease and chronic pain conditions.
Clients must be aged over 18 with a confirmed diagnosis of one of the following:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Low back pain
- Chronic pain condition such as fibromyalgia
- Chronic heart disease
What you can expect
- Eligible clients will have a one-on-one initial assessment with a physiotherapist.
- The physiotherapist will record baseline measures and design an exercise program for the individual.
- Clients accepted into the program must agree to attend at least one exercise session per week on an ongoing basis.
The sessions are small groups of up to six participants and last for 50 minutes. The sessions include:
- A warm up
- Cardio training
- Strength training
- Balance and proprioception training and;
- Stretch and relaxation.
How to access the program
Access to the program is through a GP referral or self-referral. Referral forms can be downloaded in PDF or Best Practice format here.
- The initial assessment with our physiotherapist is $98 (60-minute appointment). Clients referred under Medicare may be eligible for a rebate. Clients with private health insurance may be eligible for a rebate.
- Each group class costs $20 (50-minute session). Clients with private health insurance may be eligible for rebate.
For General Practitioners
Referrals are not required for this service; however, you can choose to refer a patient under a Team Care Arrangement for one physiotherapist session which will cover some of the initial assessment fee.
Please ensure that you attach a copy of the GP Management Plan and Team Care Arrangement.