About Mindful Movement
Our Mindful Movement program provides an introduction to mindfulness, relaxation, breath work and mindful movement in a safe, nurturing and caring environment.
The program was developed and is delivered by Pain Physiotherapist (APA) Simone Berzen and Yoga Medicine Specialist Practitioner Sava Papos.
Eligible participants must attend an initial assessment with our Physiotherapist and can then commence the six-week program, which begins alongside each school term in February, May, August and October each year.
The program has educational, experiential, and practical components, running for consecutive Mondays for two hours from 1.00 pm to 3.00 pm at our gym in Osborne Park.
Upon completion, participants can choose to join ongoing Mindful Movement classes each Monday from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm.
- Aged 16 or over
- Suffer with chronic pain or other health issues
- Interested in mindfulness, meditation, breath work and paced chair-based movement in a group setting
- Wish to improve functional abilities and engage in social, valued activities
- Agree to their data being collected for evaluation purposes
- The initial assessment with our Pain Physiotherapist will cost $98.
- The course costs $250 for the six-week period.
- An EPC or private health fund can be used to cover a portion of these costs.
Join Mindful Movement
Call our Health and Wellness team on 1300 820 398 to arrange an appointment.
For General Practitioners
Referrals are not required for this service; however you can choose to refer a patient under an EPC for one physiotherapist session which will cover a portion of the cost of the initial assessment.
Please ensure that you attach a copy of the GP Management Plan and Team Care Arrangement.