Black Swan Health has an experienced and highly skilled team of Accredited Exercise Physiologists and Clinical Psychologists who provide timely interventions for Workers Compensation clients, adopting a tailored approach based on each client’s assessed needs.
Often a Workers Compensation injury is not just a medical problem but an example of a complicated biopsychosocial problem with many factors involved. The psychological factors can be reactions to the injury or contributors which exacerbate complications to the injury.
Our Clinical Psychologists:
- Provide support for clients experiencing depression, anxiety, panic attacks, chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder, etc as result of a workplace injury or motor vehicle accident.
- Help clients navigate their altered lives using psychological techniques such as relaxation training and meditation.
- Work collaboratively with the client and other relevant parties with the aim assisting the client to address and overcome any obstacles to their progress and recovery.
Psychology services are available at our Joondalup and Osborne Park locations as well as online (telehealth).
Exercise Rehabilitation is a vital component to the recovery and rehabilitation process of clients. It provides assistance to injured workers and prepares them to return to work and normal everyday activities.
Our Exercise Physiologists:
- Specialise in providing functional exercise therapy and return to work programs to enhance recovery time and capacity to return to pre- injury status from work related and motor vehicle accidents.
- Encourage injured workers to take an active role in their rehabilitation program by providing the education and tools necessary to achieve self-management of injury and activities.
- Promote early return to work as it forms a crucial role in the recovery of the client and reduces loss of function and long-term disability.
- Develop injury management treatment programs in line with the client’s treating medical practitioner and injury management team.
Exercise Physiology is available at our Osborne Park and Midland locations and through telehealth. Exercise Physiologists can also visit clients at alternative locations such as the clients home, their nearest gymnasium, hydrotherapy, aquatic or recreation centre.