What is YAppEE?
YAppEE (Youth App Empowering Employment) is a free app-based service that is designed to help young people maintain stable employment and income through real-time mental health support.
YAppEE uses the YAppEE smartphone app which allows participants to check-in daily and help identify and prevent issues in the workplace before they escalate. The service includes a counselling call centre, run by Black Swan Health, to provide real-time support to participants as they need it.
Find out more in this one-minute video:
Who can join the YAppEE program?
You can join YAppEE if you meet the following criteria:
- Currently employed, or will be starting a new job in the near future
- 25 years old or younger
- Self-reported mental health issues
How can I join the YAppEE program?
It’s easy to join YAppEE. Simply click here to complete the online registration form.
Need help? Email our friendly team at YAppEE@blackswanhealth.com.au for more info.
How does YAppEE work?
With YAppEE, you can relax knowing that you have access to experienced counsellors and resources at work, at the click of a button. Once you have downloaded the free app, you get:
- A daily check-in tool to monitor your progress
- Useful resources, recommended for your current mood
- Access to telephone counselling (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm, Australia-wide)
Why does YAppEE work?
YAppEE has been developed by mental health experts and young people just like you, so you get the right support, when you need it.
Here are just a few of the ways that YAppEE counselling can help you at work:
- You can talk through things without any judgement, so that negative emotions don’t build up
- You can discuss and explore healthier ways of coping with issues that arise
- You learn more about yourself and your behaviour, to avoid future issues
YAppEE is funded by the Empowering YOUth Initiative by the Australian Government Department of Employment.