Black Swan Health is a leading provider of multidisciplinary supports to people with psychosocial and dual-diagnosis disabilities.
We take the time to understand your unique needs and aspirations, and work together to help you achieve your goals, which is why Black Swan Health was awarded the Overall Award for Excellence at the 2017 WA Disability Support Awards.
Find out how you can live life to the full with Black Swan Health’s NDIS services…
What is NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the new way of delivering support to Australians with disability, as well as their families and carers.
Black Swan Health can help you to manage your NDIS journey, and provide a range of professional health services that participants can include in their NDIS plans. We can also connect you with a range of trusted community and mainstream supports from other providers.
Use the Useful Links at the end of the page to find out more about the NDIS.
How does it work?
- Check your eligibility. You can receive NDIS support for one or more physical, intellectual, cognitive, neurological, sensory or psychosocial disabilities – as long as you meet these NDIS determined eligibility criteria. Our team can help you check if you are eligible for NDIS.
- Develop and submit a plan. We can support NDIS eligible people, carers and families to submit a funded NDIS plan that supports your daily living and helps you to progress towards your individual goals.
- Access the supports in your plan. Once your plan is approved, you choose the support provider(s) that best meet your needs, like Black Swan Health.
- Review your plan. Your NDIS support is for life, so your plan will be reviewed every 12 months to suit your evolving needs and goals.
How we can help
We can provide support through the NDIS in the following ways:
- Support Coordination
- Help you connect to and coordinate your supports
- Help you address barriers and build resilience
- Community Participation
- Help you engage with your community
- Development of Daily Living and Life Skills
- Help you to develop the skills you need to participate in the community, social settings and recreational activities
- Help you develop personal skills and life skills that will increase your independence
- Help your carers in caring for you
- Assist with Life-Stage Transition
- Help you to obtain or retain appropriate accommodation
- Mentoring, peer support and developing individual skills
- Behaviour Support
- Interventions to address behaviours of concern
- Training for carers and others in behaviour management strategies
- Therapeutic Supports
- Dietitian support to help you manage your diet
- Individual, face-to-face counselling
- Group counselling
- Multidisciplinary group therapies
- Exercise Physiology & Personal Training
- Advice and personal training
Our NDIS team
You can access the following Black Swan Health team members as part of your NDIS plan: