About the program
hYEPP (headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program) offers early intervention and specialist support services to young people experiencing or at risk of psychosis.
The Program operates from our Joondalup, Osborne Park and Midland locations and focusses on early intervention, aiming to prevent disruptions in a young person’s life and lessen the duration of untreated psychosis. It offers intensive integrated services including case management for young people and their families for up to five years.
- 12 to 25 years old
- Young people who are experiencing their first episode of psychosis, or
- Young people who are at risk of developing psychosis. This may include young people who have a family history of psychosis, have a decline in functionality, and/or have transient psychotic symptoms.
- Under the age of 12 years or over the age of 25 years old at time of referral
- Aged between 15 – 25 years who have had more than 12 months of treatment for psychosis by another mental health service or private psychiatrist / General Practitioner
- Present with symptoms only in the context of substance intoxication
- More likely to benefit from some other service or program
The program offers:
- Evidence-based early treatment with a multidisciplinary team
- Psychiatric support
- GP services
- Comprehensive recovery programs
- Outreach services
- After-hours and crisis support
- Support for families and friends
Referrals to hYEPP can be made:
- by contacting headspace Osborne Park or headspace Joondalup for more information on eligibility, or
- directly to the Mobile Assessment Treatment Team (if referred from tertiary level public health and mental health services) by sending the completed referral form via email or fax.
For more information, please contact us on 08 9301 8999 or email hYEPPReferral@headspacejoondalup.com.au.
IF YOU ARE IN CRISIS :
If you are in immediate crisis, please call 000 or attend your nearest emergency department, or contact one of the following 24-hour Crisis Support lines:
- Mental Health Emergency Response Line (18 years and over): 1300 555 788
- Acute Response Team (under 18 years): 1800 048 636
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14
Non-crisis 24-hour Telephone Support:
(08) 9301 8999
(08) 9301 0859
headspace is not a crisis service
If you are in immediate crisis, call 000, go to your nearest hospital emergency department, or call one of the crisis support lines below:
Mental Health Emergency Response Line
(18 years and over)
1300 555 788
Acute Response Team (under 18 years)
1800 048 636
13 11 14