About the service
headspace Early Psychosis Service offers early intervention and specialist support services to young people experiencing or at risk of psychosis.
The Service operates from our Joondalup, Osborne Park and Midland locations and focuses on early intervention, aiming to prevent disruptions in a young person’s life and lessen the duration of untreated psychosis. It offers intensive integrated services including case management for young people and their families for up to five years.
- Aged 12 – 25 years
- Diagnosis of Psychosis or of Ultra High Risk of Psychosis*
Those young people who:
- Under the age of 12 years or over the age of 25 years old at time of referral.
- Aged between 15 – 25 years who have had more than 12 months of treatment for psychosis by another mental health service or Private Psychiatrist / General Practitioner.
- Present with symptoms only in the context of substance intoxication.
- Young person who is more likely to benefit from some other service or program.
*Ultra High Risk status is based upon one of the following criteria of:
(1) attenuated psychotic symptoms;
(2) brief limited intermittent psychotic symptoms (BLIPS);
(3) trait vulnerability for psychotic illness(schizotypal personality disorder or a history of psychosis in a first-degree relative); plus deterioration in functioning or persistent low functioning.
The service offers:
- Evidence-based early treatment with a multidisciplinary team
- Psychiatric support
- GP services
- Comprehensive recovery programs
- Outreach services
- After-hours and crisis support
- Support for families and friends
Referrals can be made:
- by contacting headspace Osborne Park or headspace Joondalup for more information on eligibility, or
- directly to the Mobile Assessment Treatment Team (if referred from tertiary level public health and mental health services) by sending the completed referral form via email or fax.
For more information, please contact us on 08 9301 8999 or email earlypsychosisReferral@headspacejoondalup.com.au.
IF YOU ARE IN CRISIS :
If you are in immediate crisis, please call 000 or attend your nearest emergency department, or contact one of the following 24-hour Crisis Support lines:
- Mental Health Emergency Response Line (18 years and over): 1300 555 788
- Acute Response Team (under 18 years): 1800 048 636
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14
Non-crisis 24-hour Telephone Support:
Contact headspace Early Psychosis Service
headspace is not a crisis service
If you are in immediate crisis, call 000, go to your nearest hospital emergency department, or call one of the crisis support lines below:
Mental Health Emergency Response Line
(18 years and over)
1300 555 788
Acute Response Team (under 18 years)
1800 048 636
13 11 14