About the service
Respiratory Services is a free program that educates and supports respiratory clients to effectively manage their condition and improve their lifestyle. The program aims to prevent or reduce exacerbation and hospitalisations through effective condition management. The program enables clients to achieve and maintain a maximum level of independence and functioning at home, and in the community.
Respiratory services are available to people (18 years or over) who live in the Black Swan Health catchment and have a confirmed respiratory condition, such as:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Bronchiectasis (not cystic fibrosis)
- Interstitial lung disease
Meet our Pulmonary Physiotherapist
Our pulmonary physiotherapist Glynnis Steed will:
- Carry out a thorough initial assessment.
- Design a tailored exercise program, including a 20-minute walk – as well as endurance and strength training to improve exercise tolerance, reduce breathlessness and improve quality of life.
- Monitor improvements in exercise tolerance, breathlessness, muscle strength and quality of life.
Glynnis has more than 30 years experience working as a physiotherapist in Western Australia.
She commenced her physiotherapy career in the hospital system before venturing into private practice. Glynnis then moved into community-based work with Community Physiotherapy Services, a role which involved implementing and supervising cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, and maintenance programs for eligible clients.
Find out more about Glynnis here
Where are appointments available?
Appointments are offered in Osborne Park, Joondalup and Midland.
GP and specialist referrals only.
For General Practitioners
Please note that the pulmonary physiotherapist can only see clients:
- If their referral is accompanied by a referral form for individual allied health services under Medicare for patients with a chronic medical condition and complex care needs.
- For the number of occasions specified with the psychologist.
Eligible clients do not pay a gap fee.
Referral forms can be downloaded here:
Phone: (08) 9201 0044 (option 1 and 3).
Fax: (08) 9201 0033