About the Program
Our Credentialled Diabetes Educators and Accredited Practising Dietitians use a client-centred approach in the provision of diabetes self-management education.
To be eligible
Clients need to be aged over 18 and have a confirmed diagnosis of type 1 diabetes.
What clients can expect
Our experienced clinicians will help clients with the following:
- checking blood glucose levels
- adjusting insulin levels to improve glycaemic control
- carbohydrate counting and developing a healthy eating and exercise plan
Individual appointments can be organised at our Midland, Mirrabooka, Osborne Park, Joondalup and Fremantle clinics.
This is a free program. Clients will not be charged a gap fee.
GP referrals only. Referral forms can be downloaded in PDF or Best Practice format here.
Please note that we can only see clients:
- if their referral is accompanied by a Referral form for Individual Allied Health Services under Medicare for patients with a chronic medical condition and complex care needs for eligible clients, and
- for the number of occasions of service specified