FlexIT (Flexible Insulin Therapy) is a Baker IDI program designed for people with type 1 diabetes who manage on either multiple daily injections or insulin pumps. The two-day program teaches clients how to best match insulin requirements to their food and lifestyle for a more flexible approach to diabetes management.
To be eligible
Clients need to be aged over 18 and have a confirmed diagnosis of type 1.
What to expect
Each FlexIT group is presented by an experienced Credentialled Diabetes Educator and Accredited Practising Dietitian (who are accredited FlexIT group facilitators). Topics covered include:
- Insulin adjustment for food and physical activity
- Carbohydrate counting, including practical activities
- Diabetes health targets and checks
- Hypoglycaemia, hyperglycaemia and sick day management
Location and dates
To find out when and where our next FlexIT program will be held, please contact Tanya Servodio, Health & Wellness Coordinator on 9208 9507.
Courses can be run at locations throughout the metropolitan area and are normally held on two consecutive Saturdays.
$125 ($75 concession).
- The fee includes a copy of the FlexIT booklet to support learning.
- All attendees will receive the Smart Abbott Libre meter and 2 sensors free of charge (valued at $300).
- Each registered participant is welcome to attend with one family member or support person at no extra charge.
*Please note: Concession fees are offered to holders of government health care cards and government pension cards only. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please discuss this with our team member when they call to confirm your booking.
Expression of Interest
If you are interested in attending an upcoming FlexIT program, use the form below to register your interest or call the Chronic Conditions team on 9201 0044.