In complying with the Commonwealth of Australia Privacy Act 1988 as amended, Black Swan Health Limited (Black Swan Health) provides the following advice to members, stakeholders and consumers about the collection, use, disclosure and storage of personal information.
- What personal information is collected;
- Who collects personal information;
- How personal information is used;
- To whom and under what circumstances personal information is disclosed; and
- How personal information is stored.
What personal information is being collected?
In most circumstances, Black Swan Health will:
- Only collect personal information about members, stakeholders and consumers with their consent (unless legally required or authorised to do otherwise);
- Collect personal information directly from the members, stakeholders or consumers (where possible and practicable);
- Only collect personal information about the members, stakeholders or consumers that is necessary and relevant to the functions and / or Programs of Black Swan Health;
- Ensure information is collected by staff who are appropriately trained and have a specific role in the purpose for which your personal information is being collected;
- Use personal information for the purpose for which it is collected or for a directly related secondary purpose that one would expect their personal information to be used for (unless legally required or authorised to do otherwise);
- Provide the members, stakeholder or consumer with access to their personal information (unless legally required or authorised to do otherwise). A small but reasonable administration fee may be levied to provide such access;
- Only disclose personal information to a third party with the members, stakeholders or consumers’ consent, or where you expect such disclosure (unlesslegally required or authorised to do so);
- Take reasonable steps to keep personal information complete, current and accurate;
- Destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer required in accordance with the applicable policies and guidelines; and
- Take reasonable steps to ensure personal information is kept secure.
Please note: Any information accessed for accreditation purposes will be de-identified.