Black Swan Health is excited to announce that it will run free after-hours diabetes group programs in response to requests from clients who are unable to attend our day programs.
The Time 2 Manage Diabetes Program consists of two workshops, each lasting two hours, run by a Credentialled Diabetes Educator and Accredited Practising Dietitian. Clients have the option of booking in for the Program in March or April:
- March evening group program – Monday 14th March and Monday 21st March from 6.00-8.00pm at our premises at Osborne Park
- April evening group program – Thursday 7th April and Thursday 14th April from 6.00-8.00pm at our premises at Osborne Park
Topics covered – first workshop
- What is diabetes?
- Managing diabetes
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) and hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Medications for diabetes
- How to manage sick days
- Complications of diabetes
Topics covered – second workshop
- What are carbohydrates?
- The Glycemic Index
- Portion control
- Healthy fats and unhealthy fats
The program helps clients to learn about different areas of diabetes management, ask questions and to meet and learn from other people with diabetes.
A GP referral is required to access the group program and this can be downloaded from our Healthy Lifestyle Program webpage. For more information please call Black Swan Health on 9201 0044.