headspace Early Psychosis
headspace Early Psychosis offers early intervention and specialist support services to young people experiencing, or at risk of psychosis.
The service operates from Joondalup, Osborne Park and Midland, with Joondalup acting as the central hub. The program focuses on reducing the duration of untreated psychosis and preventing disruption to young people’s lives. It offers intensive integrated services including case management for young people and their families. The service is available for up to twelve months for young people in the Ultra-High Risk stream, and up to five years for those in the Psychosis stream.
- Aged between 12 and 25 years
- Diagnosis of Psychosis or of Ultra High Risk of Psychosis*
- Living within the catchment area
- More than 12 months of medical treatment for psychosis by another service or practitioner (having 12 months of general treatment does not exclude them)
- Symptoms only present within the context of acute substance intoxication
- More likely to benefit from another service or program
Those who are at ultra-high risk of developing psychosis, demonstrate deterioration in function or persistent low function in combination with at least one of the following:
- Attenuated psychotic symptoms;
- Brief limited intermittent psychotic symptoms (BLIPS);
- Trait vulnerability for psychotic illness (schizotypal personality disorder or a history of psychosis in a first-degree relative)
The service offers:
- Evidence-based early treatment with a multidisciplinary team
- Psychiatric support
- Outreach services
- After hours and crisis support
- Support for families and friends
- Functional recovery program
- Referrals can be made by completing the referral form or by sending a detailed letter via fax or email to the triage officer.
- Self and family referrals are accepted.
- This service does not require a GP Mental Health Plan.
For more information and eligibility criteria, please contact us on 08 9301 8999 or email earlypsychosisReferral@headspacejoondalup.com.au.
IF YOU ARE IN CRISIS:
If you are in immediate crisis, please call 000 or attend your nearest emergency department, or contact one of the following 24-hour Crisis Support lines:
- Mental Health Emergency Response Line (18 years and over): 1300 555 788
- Acute Response Team (under 18 years): 1800 048 636
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14
Non-crisis 24-hour Telephone Support: