Black Swan Health Ltd is the lead agency selected in WA to establish a new program of youth focused clinical services, headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program (hYEPP).
hYEPP is an innovative initiative funded by the Australian Government (Department of Health) designed to ensure there is an early intervention and responsive, and recovery focused care for young people aged 12 – 25 years who are experiencing a first episode of psychosis or at ultra-high risk of experiencing psychosis.
About the Role
|The Senior Case Manager MATT will participate as part of a multidisciplinary team in providing comprehensive, specialist and early intervention mental health service to young people aged 12-25 years who are referred to the hYEPP via a tertiary level service. As part of the multidisciplinary team, the clinician will provide comprehensive mental health assessment and home based intervention to young people referred to the service. Senior Case Managers will be required to work on a rotating roster and participate in an on-call system.
The Senior Case Manager is expected to function autonomously as well as work collaboratively with the other clinicians within the team, to plan and develop services for these young people and their families which are consistent with best practice standards and evidence-based care, and are in line with the strategic direction and vision for the hYEPP service. The Senior Clinician may be required to oversee the intake and allocation of new young people, the clinical review and quality assurance processes, supervision of staff, business and professional development meetings and contribute to the development and maintenance of community partnerships with key external stakeholders, developing effective interfaces across programs within the service, as well as facilitating relevant research activities.
- Relevant Professional/Tertiary Qualifications and membership of AHPRA
- Substantial experience in clinical practice within the mental health field, with specific experience working with young people experiencing early psychosis or a first episode psychosis in an outreach model
- Demonstrated skills in staff supervision and proven ability to contribute to clinical leadership in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and work collaboratively with young people and their families
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and function autonomously while being able to effectively work in a multidisciplinary team
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), problem solving and negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and negotiate with team members, other professionals and external agencies
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working partnerships with a range of personnel and services and to promote collaborative practice
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act and the Children, Youth and Families Act and other relevant legislation
- Sound knowledge of and, ideally, experience in working with complex young people who have experienced a first episode psychosis and their families in both a case management and therapeutic role
- Ability to use relevant Information Technology and electronic recording systems and data management tools
Benefits & Culture
- An attractive salary package consisting of base salary, superannuation and salary sacrificing arrangements will be offered.
- Based in Joondalup
- Working with a passionate and highly motivated team
- Challenging and continuously improving clinical environment
- This a full time role but part time considered minimum 0.7
Black Swan Health Limited is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of health services. We welcome all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Press click Apply for this position and attach CV and Covering Letter quoting reference BSH00093.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.