Compassion, People Focused, Inclusion, Integrity, Respect, Teamwork
About the opportunity
At Black Swan Health, we pride ourselves on our evidence-based, practical approach to supporting the mental health of our clients. It’s our mission to enrich all corners of the community through our portfolio of primary health services including (but not limited to), diabetes and multidisciplinary chronic conditions services, psychological services, youth mental health services, community early psychosis treatment and recovery programs, street doctor services, psychosocial disability services and disability services.
We are a registered NDIS provider offering a comprehensive range of allied health services to clients with disabilities. We are looking for a psychologist who is passionate about making positive and tangible improvements to clients with disabilities to join our multi-disciplinary team. We are not looking for a candidate to develop and implement Behaviour Support Plans, we require a clinician to provide therapeutic interventions to children and adults with disabilities.
We are looking for a Clinical or Registered Psychologist to work at our Osborne Park premises, 2 days per week who will:
- Experienced in delivering person-centred psychological services to people with a disability, ideally in the NDIS environment.
- Able to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the legislation underpinning the provision of clinical service delivery to people with a disability under the NDIS
- Experienced in undertaking and performing short term focused, evidence-based psychological strategies for children and adults.
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to engage people from all backgrounds.
- Able to demonstrate experience in administration of a range of cognitive and adaptive behaviour assessment tools.
- Able to work both independently with minimum direct clinical supervision and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Full registration as a Registered or Clinical Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Experience in delivering complex person-centred psychological services to people with a disability, ideally in the NDIS environment.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of issues, trends and legislation underpinning the provision of clinical service delivery to people with a disability under the NDIS and the Quality and Safeguarding Commission.
- Experience of undertaking and performing short term focused, evidence-based psychological strategies for children and adults.
- Ability to monitor and assess risk concerns, including risk of harm to self or others, or mental deterioration.
- Eligibility for Medicare Provider Number
Other role requirements
- Working with Children Check and National Police Clearance
- Driver’s license and use of own vehicle
For further information about the position please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply directly through SEEK. Applications close 28.09.2020
If you’re inspired to contribute your skills to a values-driven industry leader we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com
Black Swan Health Limited is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of health services. We welcome all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Please note we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.