Black Swan Health Ltd is the lead agency selected in WA to establish the new program of youth-focused clinical services, headspace Early Psychosis program (hEP).
hEP is an innovative initiative funded by the Australian Government (Department of Health) designed to ensure there is an early intervention and responsive, and recovery-focused care for young people aged 12 – 25 years who are experiencing a first episode of psychosis or at ultra-high risk of experiencing psychosis.
About the Role
We require a pool of casual staff to cover staff leave and absence.
Case Managers for the Mobile Assessment Treatment Team (MATT) will participate as part of a multidisciplinary team in providing comprehensive, specialist and early intervention mental health services to young people.
Casuals will be required to provide comprehensive mental health assessments who are newly referred to the service, as well as the provision of crisis intervention and community treatment to current young people treated within the hEP service.
To be eligible you will need to meet the following criteria
- Relevant Professional/Tertiary Qualifications and membership with AHPRA
- Triage and assessment experience, experience with mental state examinations and crisis response.
- Significant experience in the application of evidence-based clinical practice in the complex mental health field.
- Experience in the coordination of individualised psychosocial interventions.
- Able to understand the assessment process in a community mental health setting and clearly describe psychotic symptoms.
- Proven ability to act autonomously as well as work collaboratively with other clinicians.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act including proposed reforms and the Children, Youth and Families Act and any other relevant legislation
- Demonstrated experience to engage with young people, their families and /or significant others.
- Recognises the importance of recording and documentation working in a community setting.
- Current drivers licence and own vehicle.
- Experience in the application of evidence-based clinical practice in first-episode psychosis (highly regarded)
You will be offered casual shifts as part of a roster
- Mon-Fri 8am-4pm
- Mon-Fri 2pm-10pm
- Weekend/Public Holidays – 10am-6pm
Black Swan Health Limited is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of health services. We welcome all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Press click Apply for this position and attach your CV and Covering Letter. The Covering letter must address the above key selection criteria and include any relevant psychosis experience.
For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.