About the Company
Black Swan Health Ltd is the lead agency selected in WA to establish a new program of youth focused clinical services, headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program (hYEPP).
hYEPP is an innovative initiative funded by the Australian Government (Department of Health) designed to ensure there is an early intervention and responsive, and recovery focused care for young people aged 12 – 25 years who are experiencing a first episode of psychosis or at ultra-high risk of experiencing psychosis.
About the Role
The Case Manager Mobile Assessment Treatment Team (MATT) Clinician will participate as part of a multidisciplinary team in providing comprehensive, specialist and early intervention mental health services to young people.
Case Managers will provide comprehensive mental health assessments and acute home based intervention to young people who are newly referred to the service, as well as the provision of crisis intervention and community treatment to current young people treated within the hYEPP service. Case Managers will be required to work on a rotating roster and participate in on-call system (includes weekend work).
- Relevant Professional/Tertiary Qualifications and eligibility for membership with AHPRA or AASW
- Significant experience in the application of evidence based clinical practice in the complex mental health field.
- Experience in the coordination of individualised psychosocial interventions.
- Able to understand the assessment process in a community mental health setting and clearly describe psychotic symptoms.
- Proven ability to act autonomously as well as work collaboratively with other clinicians.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act including proposed reforms and the Children, Youth and Families Act and any other relevant legislation
- Demonstrated experience to engage with young people, their families and /or significant others.
- Recognises the importance of recording and documentation working in a community setting.
- Experience in the application of evidence based clinical practice in first episode psychosis (highly regarded)
Benefits & Culture:
- An attractive salary package consisting of base salary, superannuation and salary sacrificing arrangements will be offered.
- Based in Joondalup
- Working with a passionate and highly motivated team
- Challenging and continuously improving clinical environment
Full & part time(3 days per week) opportunities available.
Black Swan Health Limited is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of health services. We welcome all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Press click Apply for this position and attach CV and Covering Letter quoting reference BSH00091. For any queries please contact Stacy Baptiste (08 9208 9563).
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.seek.com.au/job/35437198?type=standout&userqueryid=04002668f93138e59f40b9ec45fc58b5-1436601 →