About exercise physiology services
Our accredited Exercise Physiologist specialises in clinical exercise interventions designed to prevent and manage chronic diseases and injuries. Our exercise physiologist has the knowledge, skills and experience to be able to work with clients to develop personalised exercise plans which are safe and effective. An Exercise Physiologist uses evidence-based practice to implement appropriate clinical assessments and specific outcomes.
Black Swan Health’s exercise physiology service can provide support for people with;
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Worker’s compensation rehabilitation
- Cardiovascular disease
- Osteoporosis and arthritis
- Cancer and cancer treatment recovery
- Neuromuscular exercise therapy (e.g. multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy)
- Mental health conditions
Meet our Exercise Physiologists
Kelsey Drew graduated from the University of the Western Australia with a Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Science and is accredited through Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA).
She has extensive experience in providing individual and group treatment for clients with diabetes, cardiovascular disease and neurological conditions. Kelsey delivers a person-centred service in a friendly, non-judgmental manner.
Find out more about Kelsey here.
Ashlee Thom has a degree in Sport and Exercise Science and Exercise Science and Rehabilitation from Edith Cowan University. She has spent the past nine years working in the industry as an accredited exercise physiologist.
Ashlee enjoys working with older clients to help improve their quality of life and specialises in helping people with musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
Find out more about Ashlee here
How can I access your services?
Call our Health and Wellness team on 1300 820 398 to arrange an appointment. You do not require a GP referral to access our services.
Where are the appointments available?
Appointments are offered in easily accessible locations in Joondalup, Osborne Park and Midland.
How much do these appointments cost?
The cost of the appointment varies depending on the rebates and concessions that apply. Please contact us on 9201 0044 to confirm the cost of your appointment.
- Clients referred by their GP may be eligible for a Medicare rebate.
- Clients with private health cover may be eligible for a rebate from their private health provider.
- DVA Health Cards (Gold and White) are accepted as payment upon GP referral.
Black Swan Health is a not-for-profit organisation, so any payments we receive are reinvested to deliver services that improve the health and mental wellbeing of individuals in our local community.
We have HICAPS available at all sites and are able to process rebates immediately.
Please call the Health and Wellness team on 9201 0044 for more information.
For General Practitioners
It is easy to refer your clients to our exercise physiology services. Please send us;
- A copy of the GP Management Plan and Team Care Arrangement.
- A Medicare EPC form indicating the number of occasions of service required.
- A completed Exercise Physiology referral form.