- This event has passed.
Stepping On – Falls Prevention Program
March 15 @ 10:00 am - April 19 @ 12:00 pm
Are you worried about falling or had a fall recently? This free falls prevention program will help you to step out of your comfort zone and into a safe, active life.
Black Swan Health is holding Stepping On, a falls prevention program for people over the age of 65 years living in the community*.
The 6-week group program will cover the following topics:
- Environmental safety
- Strength and balance exercises
- Reducing home hazards and safe footwear
- Vision and falls
- Moving safely in the community
- Medication management and nutrition
The program will be delivered at Black Swan Health’s Midland location, every Thursday from 10am to 12noon, from 15 March to 19 April 2018.
For more information and to register now, please contact our Health & Wellness Team on 9201 0044 or email@example.com.
*Full eligibility criteria:
- Aged over 65
- Had a fall in the last 12 months or concerned about falling
- No progressive neurological condition
- No cognitive impairment
- No behavioural problems
- No medical condition that limits their ability to participate in a group
- Live in the community or an independent living unit i.e. not a nursing home
- Walk independently with or without a walking stick