- This event has passed.
RACGP Education Session: Bariatrics
March 15 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Bariatrician Dr Alistair Vickery and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Jeff Hamdorf will co-present on the treatment and management of bariatric patients. Invitations to this highly educational event are extended to GPs and other allied health professionals.
Learning objectives for this event include:
- Define the multiple types of bariatric surgery options currently available
- List the benefits, shortcomings and effectiveness of each surgery option
- Recognise which patients would be good candidates for each surgery
- Explain the importance of long term follow-up and management
- Describe the many lifestyle changes required to sustain weight loss
This is an RACGP Accredited Activity that attracts 4 Category 2 RACGP points.
This is a free event, but bookings are essential. Please register here.