- This event has passed.
GP Event: Why You Should be Prescribing Exercise: Mental Health & Prehabilitation Benefits
May 17, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
This event will educate GPs on the importance of exercise medicine prior to surgery and treatment for cancer patients, specifically prostate and colorectal cancer patients. The session will also elaborate on the therapeutic effects of exercise on depression and anxiety in a variety of populations, including cancer survivors, and how to integrate exercise into a holistic treatment plan.
The event includes a presentation by Accredited Exercise Physiologist and Cancer Researcher, Dr Favil Singh, followed by a Presentation by Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Dr Greg Levin. The session includes a discussion and Q&A session.
This is an RACGP-accredited event. Four (4) Category 2 CPD points earned by attending this event.
Learning outcomes include:
- Describe the importance of exercise medicine prior to surgery for cancer patients
- List the benefits and contraindications for exercise pre- and post-surgery
- Recognise the therapeutic benefits of exercise for depression and anxiety
- Explain how to integrate exercise interventions into a holistic treatment plan
- Identify the role of an accredited exercise physiologist in clinical care for patients
Time: Registration and refreshments at 5:30pm. Presentations commence at 6pm sharp.
Venue: Black Swan Health, 137 Main Street, Osborne Park WA 6017
RSVP: Monday 14th May 2018
Register for this free event here.