FlexIT – Learn How To Self Manage Your Type 1 Diabetes
May 1 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
About this Event
FlexIT is a two-day program that teaches you how to self-manage your insulin levels whilst balancing your food and lifestyle. Presented by an experienced Diabetes Educator and Dietitian, participants gain practical advice and personalised feedback.
• Insulin adjustment for food and physical activity
• Carbohydrate counting, including practical activities
• Diabetes health targets and checks
• Hypoglycaemia, hyperglycaemia and sick day management
All participants receive a Smart Abbott Libre Meter & 2x Sensors free (Normally valued at $300 ).
Each workshop runs over 2 days.
May Workshop: Saturday 1 & 8, From 9:30am til 4:30pm
General Ticket: $125
Concession Ticket: $ 75
- A copy of the FlexIT Manual and the How To Count Carbohydrate Grams booklet.
- A Smart Abbott Libre Meter & 2x Sensors free (Normally valued at $300)
- A follow-up consultation with a Credential Diabetes Educator (Normally valued at $90)
Each registered participant is welcome to attend with one family member or support person at no extra charge. Concession fees are offered to holders of government health care cards and government pension cards only. Proof of concession card must be provided on the day.
To register your interest simply purchase a ticket by selecting your date or calling the Health & Wellness Team on 1300 820 398 (Choose option 1 then 3).
Payment is not transferable or refundable if less than one week notice of cancellation is provided or upon failure to attend on the scheduled dates.
This course is not suitable for people using an insulin pump