- This event has passed.
Eating disorders: What GP’s need to know about screening, assessment and treatment
June 8, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
This training will be run by Clinical Psychologists, Dr Bronwyn Raykos and Dr Stephanie Hill, from the Centre for Clinical Interventions (CCI) Eating Disorders Programme. CCI is the only public outpatient service for the treatment of eating disorders in Western Australia for individuals aged 16 years and over.
The presentation will include:
- An overview of eating disorders
- Latest clinical guidelines on the assessment and treatment of eating disorders
- The role of the GP in screening, assessment, and treatment of eating disorders
- Effective treatments for eating disorders, including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and family-based treatment (FBT), and inpatient treatment
- The distinct role of the GP in family-based treatment for adolescents
- Males and eating disorders
Thursday 8th June, 2017
5:30pm – 8:00pm
Black Swan Health,
Wesley Central, Corner Cantonment St and Market St
Fremantle WA 6160
Confirm your attendance with Jacinta Balestra on 9208 9588 or firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th June, 2017.