- This event has passed.
Early Psychosis: Why Early Intervention is so Important
February 27 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Dr Gordon Shymko, headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program Clinical Director, will be addressing the essential issues surrounding early psychosis diagnosis and treatment. Following Dr Shymko’s presentation, a panel discussion will be held with a Team Coordinator and Functional Recovery Program Team Coordinator from the headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program, as well as a consumer representative.
Learning outcomes for this event include:
- Detail the importance of early intervention in psychosis
- Describe the signs and symptoms of each clinical stage of psychosis
- Outline treatment options for each stage to optimise patient outcomes
- Explain general pharmacological best practice for early psychosis intervention
- Describe treatment and referral pathways for psychosis patients.
This is an RACGP Accredited Activity that attracts 3 Category 2 RACGP points.
This is a free event, but bookings are essential. Please register here.