IF YOU ARE IN CRISIS – please contact emergency services:
- Mental Health Emergency Response Line: 1300 555 788
- Crisis Care: 9223 1111
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
Or attend your nearest Emergency Department:
About the Program
The Partners In Recovery Program aims to support people with severe, persistent mental illness with unmet needs, their carers and families. Our staff work with multiple sectors, services and supports to assist with the improvement of our clients’ improved health, wellbeing and recovery.
Black Swan Health Limited is the lead agency for Partners In Recovery Perth north metro and we have a dedicated team who provide operational support in the program’s implementation. Partners In Recovery operates within a Collective Impact Framework (a framework for achieving large-scale social change).
The program helps people who:
- Have long-term, severe mental health issues
- Have needs that can’t be addressed by just one support service
- Are struggling to get the help they need from other places
- Help people with severe and persistent mental illness to be recognised for their strengths and valued by the community
- Support people to improve their own health and wellbeing, contribute in their community, make positive choices, engage in meaningful relationships and pursue goals that are important to them
- Help carers to understand how to access services and support and be confident that we will identify and respond positively to their loved ones’ needs
- Work with organisations in the Perth north metro area to actively support people with mental illness by responding promptly, facilitating connections and tailoring services and support to help them in their recovery journey
- Developing plans to work towards improved health, wellness and recovery
- Find the right places to get help
- Coordinate different services that can meet clients’ needs
- Help find solutions to practical problems (i.e. housing and health needs)
To learn about the community agencies that employ our support facilitators and the Partners In Recovery Consortium, click here.
People can refer themselves into the Program by completing the Partners In Recovery referral form and submitting to Black Swan Health via fax (9201 0033) or email (PIR@blackswanhealth.com.au). Alternatively, they can self refer over the phone by calling (08) 9201 0044.
GPs, Allied Health Professionals, community-based agencies and educational institutions can all refer clients to Partners In Recovery using the referral form. *Please note: the client must consent to being referred into the Program.
Unsure of Eligibility?
Please call one of our Senior Support Facilitators for a confidential chat on 9201 0044.