Phone: (08) 9301 8999
Fax: (08) 9301 1325
About the Program
hYEPP (headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program) offers early intervention and specialist support services to young people experiencing or at risk of psychosis.
The Program operates from our Joondalup, Osborne Park and Midland locations and focusses on early intervention, aiming to prevent disruptions in a young person’s life and lessen the duration of untreated psychosis. It offers intensive integrated services including case management for young people and their families for up to five years.
- 12 to 25 years old
- Young people who are experiencing their first episode of psychosis, or
- Young people who are at risk of developing psychosis. This may include young people who have a family history of psychosis, have a decline in functionality, and/or have transient psychotic symptoms.
Young people who are:
- under the age of 12 years or over the age of 25 years old at time of referral
- aged between 15 – 25 years who have had more than 12 months of treatment for psychosis by another mental health service or Private Psychiatrist / General Practitioner
- present with symptoms only in the context of substance intoxication
- more likely to benefit from some other service or program
The program offers:
- evidenced based early treatment with a multidisciplinary team
- psycho education
- psychiatric support
- GP services
- comprehensive recovery programs
- outreach services
- after hours and crisis support
- support for families and friends
Referrals to hYEPP can be made:
- by contacting headspace Osborne Park or headspace Joondalup for more information on eligibility OR
- directly to the Mobile Assessment Treatment Team (if referred from tertiary level public health and mental health services) by sending the completed referral form via email or fax
If you need more information, please contact us on 08 9301 8999 or email hYEPPReferral@headspacejoondalup.com.au.