IF YOU ARE IN CRISIS – please contact emergency services:
If you are in immediate crisis, please call 000 or attend your nearest emergency department:
- Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
- Royal Perth Hospital
- Joondalup Health Campus
- St John of God Midland Public Hospital
- Fiona Stanley Hospital
Other 24-hour Crisis Support:
- Mental Health Emergency Response Line (18 years and over): 1300 555 788
- Acute Response Team (under 18 years): 1800 048 636
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14
Non-crisis 24-hour Telephone Support:
About the Program
headspace Joondalup is a free or low cost service for 12-25 year olds who are going through a tough time. Black Swan Health Limited is the lead agency for headspace Joondalup.
*Please note: headspace Joondalup is not an acute mental health service. If you have any immediate concern for the safety of a young person, please direct them to emergency services, or dial 000 in an emergency.
headspace can help in the areas of:
- mental health and wellbeing
- family and relationships
- alcohol and other drugs
- physical health
- education and employment
- To reach young people at an early development stage of mental health issues, well before crisis point
- To undertake a thorough assessment and respond appropriately by providing a brief intervention and links into relevant services
*Please note: If a young person has more moderate to severe mental health concerns or a number of complex issues occurring concurrently, please direct them to appropriate specialist or tertiary services.
What you can expect from headspace Joondalup:
- To be seen as quickly as possible
- Respect – no matter what the issue is
- Friendly and non-judgemental staff
- Easy referral to other health and youth workers
Where should I start?
You can call headspace Joondalup, Monday to Friday during office hours on 9301 8900. If the call is regarding services for yourself, a trained headspace worker will:
• conduct a brief assessment of what you are wanting help with
• explain the services we are able to provide
• develop a plan for how your needs can be best met.
Alternatively, you can email email@example.com with your contact details and a headspace worker will contact you.
Young people are encouraged to make contact with the headspace Joondalup service by phone (08) 9301 8900 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). A worker will contact the young person to make an appointment within 1 – 3 working days.
*Please note: the email account is only checked during business hours so if urgent help is required, the necessary emergency services must be contacted (see above).
Young people can drop in to headspace Joondalup (Sanori House, 126 Grand Boulevard, Joondalup) during office hours, Monday to Friday. Staff will aim to see the young person the same day or the next available appointment will be offered.
GPs, Allied Health Professionals, community-based agencies and educational institutions can all refer young people to headspace Joondalup using the Referral Form attached. General Practitioners should include a mental health care plan (if appropriate) for the young person and attach this to the headspace Joondalup referral form. The Referral Guidelines for Professionals document can be found here.
Families, carers or friends can refer a young person by phone or email. The young person needs to consent to the referral and be willing to meet with a headspace Joondalup team member. Once receipt of referral has been confirmed, a worker will contact the young person within one to three working days to make an appointment. Families, parents or carers who have a young person engaged with headspace Joondalup can also access our centre to discuss service provision.