Phone: 0412 102 590
Fax: (08) 9201 0033
About the Service
Respiratory Linkage is a free service that educates and supports respiratory clients to effectively manage their condition and improve their lifestyle.
The service delivers integrated and coordinated care by collaborating with local hospitals and primary health care services. With effective management, disease progression may be slowed and hospital admissions reduced.
Respiratory Linkage is available to people (18 years or over) who live in the Black Swan Health catchment and have a confirmed respiratory condition, such as:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (FEV1 <60% predicted or multiple exacerbations in the previous 12 months)
- Bronchiectasis (not Cystic Fibrosis)
- Interstitial Lung Disease
Typical Program Activities:
Clients are individually reviewed and assessed by a respiratory nurse specialist. Assessment and review may be in a clinic setting (Joondalup or Osborne Park), at the client’s home or by phone.
Respiratory Linkage promotes individualised and evidence-based care for respiratory clients incorporating:
- Detailed history taking
- Condition education and management
- Functional assessment
- Complex case management
- Advanced care planning
The Program aims to prevent or reduce exacerbations and hospitalisation through:
- Effective condition management
- Timely recognition of exacerbations
- Development of Action Plans (in consultation with GP or respiratory physician)
- Promotion of, and linkages with, pulmonary rehabilitation